Get your monochrome pop on with s*uce’s Design A Dress competition
The s*uce Design A Dress competition, the region’s hottest emerging talent contest, is back with a fresh new theme this year – Monochrome Pop!
The talent search that brought you fashion darlings like Hamda Al Fahim and Dju Dju is back to give undiscovered designers a much-needed break. So whether you’ve been dabbling in sketching dress designs for your own use or you’re a fashion design graduate who hasn’t had much luck getting a job what with the recession and all, the ladies at s*uce (especially founder Zayan Gandour) would love to hear from you.
Don’t worry if the brief doesn’t explain much, you can get in touch with them directly to get the specific guidelines on the winning elements that they’re looking for. Before entering though, be sure that you adhere to the following rules and regulations. For all other inquiries, send them an email at email@example.com. All dresses must be handed in by January 1st, 2012.
The winning designer gets a free course from the London College of Fashion in Dubai, a consultation with Two Scoops (s*uce’s fashion distribution arm), and a chance to develop a collection exclusively for the hip boutique.
• Designers cannot be already selling clothes at s*uce
• Designers can submit up to 3 dresses (finished dresses, not sketches!)
• Dresses should be standard mannequin size. (approx 10 UK, 4 US)
• Each designer must send the dresses to s*uce lite which is located on the first floor in Jumeirah Centre (opposite The Village Mall) Tel : 04 3444391
• Each designer must fill out the design a dress form and give it to staff at s*uce lite.
• Each designer must send a jpeg image of the pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org