LCF to run Dubai short courses in May
London College of Fashion is holding its third series of short courses in Dubai from May 13th through to the 27th. UK-based tutors, ranging from celebrated fashion authors, designers, brand owners, strategists, journalists, brand managers and marketers, are flying in to the city to run the classes at the Pullman Hotel.
High profile tutors include designer Richard Sorger, whose collection is carried in Harvey Nichols, international bestselling author of How to Set up & Run a Fashion Label Toby Meadows and renowned fashion journalist Paul Tierney who has written for some of the biggest fashion publications in the world including French Vogue and Vogue Hommes International as well as leading British broadsheets The Independent and the Evening Standard.
A peek into what happens backstage at an LCF Master’s fashion show. (Photo: Juliet Sawyer)
“We’ve had an overwhelming level of interest for our Dubai Short Courses since our pilot programme in May last year and the second round of courses held in October. The cross section of students has been very interesting with an excellent balance between expats and locals signing up for the various courses on offer. It is encouraging to see such a keen interest in fashion in the Middle East, and due to this increasing demand for skill development we are back in May for another installment,” Linda Roberts, Senior Business Manager at London College of Fashion, commented.
LCF’s May 2011 programme will cover 12 short courses geared towards widening fashion education within the region:
- The Essentials of the Fashion Industry (2 Days)
- Principles of Fashion Styling (4 Days)
- Fashion Media Workshop (3 Days)
- Online Fashion Marketing and Social Media (1 Day)
- Retail Branding, Promotions and Visual Merchandising (3 Days)
- Fashion Marketing and Branding (3 Days)
- Luxury Brand Management and Product Design (5 Days)
- Fashion Design (4 Days)
- Starting Your Own Fashion Label (4 Days)
- Managing Your Own Shoes or Accessories Business (4 Days)
- Fashion Buying and Merchandising 1 (3 Days)
- Fashion Buying and Merchandising 2 (3 Days)
In case you missed the first two sessions that the London College of Fashion has held in Dubai since May 2010, this is a great opportunity to catch up. Register online by April 1st and get an early bird discount.